Saturday, October 27, 2012

Jimmy Elliott TV and Holding of Wrist interview


So first things first.... Give us a brief bio of yourself:

Yeah, totally. My name is Jimmy Elliott. I'm 19 years old and
currently live in Richmond, Virginia. I want to mention that I have
zero fans in this world, everyone is a friend, just like my friend Mod
Sun. When you use the word "fans" that puts me on a pedestal; But,
we're all equals here, I am and will always be just a normal person.

Tell me about the very first YouTube video you posted?

Haha my very first video. Wow, that was in 2008 and it was probably
the most awkward thing that I've done in my life. It was two minutes
straight of me sitting there quiet while making terrible terrible jokes.

What drew you to YouTube?

I'm not exactly sure to be honest. I saw a couple people making
vlogs, and I figured, well why can't I do that? So I grabbed my crappy
webcam and started making videos, it evolved from there.

What do you contribute to the success of your channel?

I think dedication and consistency has huge parts to play
in everyone's Youtube channels. If you're not dedicated or making
videos you love, you will fail. You need to stay true to yourself and
make things you love. I always tell people that after you edit it, and
YOU don't laugh or love it, don't upload it. Consistency has a huge
party also, upload at least once a week.

What are your favorite channels/genres to watch on YouTube?

Damon ("Deefizzy") is my all-time favorite Youtuber because of his
positive vibes. My other favorites are: All of Shay Carl's channels,
Meghan Camarena ("Strawburry17") and Joey Graceffa ("JoeyGraceffa").

What has been your most favorite video to post? Why?

That's difficult because I have so many favorites! Well my favorite
right now is "Color Beach". I filmed it when I drove down to the bay
for the day. Here's a secret, the audio in it isn't the actual audio. I
found the clip online and it fit perfectly into the video.

What video that you have posted has meant the most to you?

Probably "Simplicity" which went up a little after my 19th birthday.
It means a lot to me because my girlfriend and family is in it and it,
just, holds a lot of memories :)

What video has garnered the most feedback and why?

I believe my most viewed video is "Picture The Sunrise" which is a
music video I made to a song by my friend, Mod Sun. I'm honestly not
sure why it has the most views or interaction, because
I initially didn't intend to film that.

What career are wanting to go into?

I plan on being a psychologist in the future. It's been my plan
since I went into high school several years ago.

How has having a popular YouTube channel prepare you for psychology?

I feel like Youtube has prepared me for a lot more than just my
future career. Having thousands of people watching you, yet you don't
know them, is a really strange feeling- but it's cool. I get to
communicate with a lot of people, and I think communication helps
everyone with everything in the future.

RAPID FIRE! Favorite:
celebrity : Ghandi
candy : Pixy Stix
sports team : UVA
sport : Football
food : mozzarella sticks & French fries
color : Light Blue
number : 6
movie : To Save a Life
actor : Robin Williams
song : Some Nights by FUN
singer : Too Hard a Question HaHa
animal : moose
interviewer : you of course
month : September
tv show : Flash Point
school subject : Psycology
type of car : Any Type of Pick-up

For the ladies..... Boxers or briefs?

Boxers of course!

Describe a perfect date:

The perfect date would be me picking up the girl at her
house, getting her flowers, then us driving down to the beach for the
day and having dinner with the sunset.

Tell us something about yourself that even your biggest fans (friends) don't know yet?

Hmmm something my FRIENDS
don't know, that's a difficult one. I think probably that I'm more
normal than you would think. Though I am a very positive person, I
also, like you, have my bad days.

Lets switch tracks a little.... Tell me about Holding of Wrist.

Yes! Holding of Wrist was a
group I started in 2008 after I went through a lot of my personal
issues. The focus is towards those dealing with self-harm, depression,
and suicidal thoughts. HOW has over 100,000 supporters worldwide, and
has replied to 75,000 e-mails/myspace messages.



Do you have some stories to share that has been a result of HoW?

I have a ton of
stories that have resulted from Holding of Wrist, but something that
really sticks out to me is the people I've met. I've gotten the chance
to meet the most amazing people in the world. I love hearing several
months later from people who say things like they got help, they
stopped cutting, or even that Holding of Wrist saved their life. THAT
is truly an amazing thing to hear, because it reminds you why you do
what you do and brings you back home, ya know? It keeps you grounded.

What are you plans for HoW 5 yrs from now? 20 years out?

Some exciting things are happening with Holding of Wrist, mostly
behind the scenes. Holding of Wrist can only survive with the support
of all HOW staff, it's not only me anymore. In the next year, we teamed
up with Ark of Hope for Children and several other organizations to do
an east coast tour! In the next 20 years, we hope to change the world.
It's all about positive thinking and taking it one step at a time. In
the meantime, I'm excited about this tour so I can personally meet a
lot of new people.

I was watching the info video you made for HoW with the statistics, and they
really are compelling and thought provoking.... How can we help?

Yes, they are! I was doing the math using our
records from 2008 and when it came to those numbers I nearly passed
out! The thought of that much happening in just four years is so
amazing! I would say that if you want to support Holding of Wrist,
support your friends, the person alone at lunch, and the world. People
need to love other people more often, it's the only way the world is
going to survive. Along those lines, please visit our Twitter &
Facebook and share them with your friends

Anything you would like to add?

I just want to say thank
you to www.TeeJayToday.com for this opportunity, thank you to everyone who
supports me and Holding of Wrist, it really means a lot. I also want to
add that no matter where life may take me, I will always remain humble
and true to myself and I want people to know that. I will always
support YOU; I am here for YOU, not me. I love you, and you're an
amazing and beautiful person, always remember that. Thanks so much TJ!
If you have any other questions you know where to find me. ---
LOVECANCHANGETHEWORLD
Jimmy Elliott
Founder, Holding of Wrist



Thank You for taking the time out of you busy schedule to answer these questions
so that our Friends can get to know you even better!

-TeeJay Today



Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channels!

No comments:

Post a Comment