Saturday, October 6, 2012

Interview with Michael Epic!

Hi Mr. Epic.... Thank you for doing this interview with me.

- Its my pleasure, TeeJay. Thanks for having me.

#1. First off, tell us what style of music you create? Who/what are your inspirations?

#1 - I create commercial dance-pop! Rowdy, rump shaking dance pop! (laughs) my inspirations are LMFAO, Britney Spears, Sam Sparro, David Guetta and Glitch Mob. Those are all acts that bring something unique to the table of dance-pop and just pop in general that really resonates with me. They have a lot of impact on me as an artist.
-

#2. Are you touring or DJ'ing anywhere?

#2 - Not yet...so far we've only gotten down the first single "Way She (Wobble)" and Tipsy Girls coming up very soon, within perhaps the next week? So not touring or DJ'ing anywhere, yet.
-

#3. What made you want to get into music?

#3 - I've always loved music. My mother said when I was a young boy and music came on, everything else stopped. I can remember growing up and listening to everything from White Zombie to Quincy Jones, Alice Cooper, Nirvana, Tupac Shakur and even Insane Clown Posse. I listened to it all. EVEN TIFFANY if anyone remembers her (laughs)
-

#4. So where did the 'Wobble" song come from?

#4 - Well, this past year at February Album Writing Month (FAWM.ORG) I met up with Eric August who's FAWM screen name is @lazyafro and we started talking about music and possibly doing a collaboration and he made the beat, I wrote the song and I just thought "Way She Wobble" would be something fun to write about. I'm hoping to get that into the contemporary lexicon lol have people saying "way she wobbles" because of me (laughs)
-

#5. Most famous person(s) you have met?

#5 - I met Bruce Willis and Jaime Kennedy once, Kid Rock and Hank Williams JR. I met Pro MMA Fighter Ricco Ralston yesterday and he was pretty cool and one of my best buddies is up and coming MMA fighter Drew Gibson. I'm hoping he'll be famous soon!

#6. So give me the scoop on Scooter Braun.

#6 - Well, Scooter Braun is Justin Bieber's manager and has also recently signed Korean rapper PSY due to his amazing breakout hit "Gangnam Style" in which I listen to 10 times a day at least and rock that horsey dance (laughs) GANGNAM STYLE!

But Scooter Braun is a visionary in this current generation of pop stars...I mean look at Justin Bieber and his dedicated following. I really feel like Scooter would benefit from having me on his label and I would benefit from being on his label. In the future with some of the catchy songs I've got on the album, I'm hoping it'll become clear to see why.
-

#7. Do you think he will sign you? Has he reached out to you yet?

#7 - Do I think he will sign me? I think he would want to sign me down the road if I blew up a viral video like PSY did. He has not reached out to me yet...regardless of my many attempts to contact him. I know that record executives aren't really big on taking chances...but lets leave it all on the table right here in black and white with TeeJay of TeeJayToday! Scooter Braun, you should be taking a chance with me because I would be an investment that would pay off ten fold.

Who thinks that Scooter Braun needs to be more like TeeJay? I do. TeeJay showing Michael Epic love where Scooter Braun does not (laughs)
-

#8. What is your next big publicity stunt?

#8 - I can't tell you that (laughs) because then someone will try to beat me too it. Its top secret! Its that good! I'll tell you what I will do though...after it all goes down and the fire is lit and people are banging on my door for an interview...the very first one will go to you, TeeJay!
-

#9. So tell us about your next album/single.

#9 - The debut album "So What's Epic?" will be out in October or earlier next year. We may make it earlier if we finish earlier. The next single is called "Tipsy Girls" and was written by me and the beat created by Eric August. I'm trying to lure Pro MMA fighter Ricco Ralston to come lay down a rapping verse on it for me...he seems interested, so we'll see!
-

#10. Where can we purchase it?

#10 - ITunes and Amazon are good. I've got them distributed many places, but those are obviously the most convenient places to find my music.
-

#11. Tell us one thing about yourself that your current fans don't even know yet.

#11 - I was big in Bowling Green, KY between 2005 - 2008 with my music project "My Perfect Apathy" which was a small town success story! I've also got two singles released and on ITunes under a different alias named "Janus Mask" and that project isn't dead...just undergoing serious remodeling and hanging out on the backburner for now while I focus on the Michael Epic music project.
-

Rapid fire!
Favorite:
Sport: BASKETBALL
Food: MEXICAN
Number: 1
Color: YELLOW
Animal: Cat
Sports Team: Utah Jazz
Hobby: Xbox 360
Band: LMFAO
Song: LMFAO - Sorry for Party Rocking
Book: Where have all the Leaders Gone? by Lee Iacocca
and interviewer?! Easy, TeeJay at TeeJayToday!

Thanks Mr. Epic for the interview, hopefully some of my readers will fall in love with your style!

- I hope so too! Thanks for having me! See you in the future!

Don't forget to follow Mr. Epic on twitter at @MichaelEpic. Buy his music too, you won't be disappointed! You can preview it on YouTube!

Www.TeeJayToday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment