Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Movies and Music

I had a 3 day weekend so I consumed a lot of media during that time.

Movie Reviews

Twilight; Breaking Dawn pt2

Awesome: I never read the books and don't plan to, but I did watch ALL of the movies in theaters. This one has it all, a story line, drama, action, and special effects. I was very satisfied! The only drawback is that we went on opening weekend so we had to deal with hordes of Tweens! The twist at the end was amazing... The entire audience sighed at the same time! (Check out my interview with Chris Riggi who played Jacob in the Twilight spoof, "Vampires Suck")

Wreck-It Ralph 3D

Not what I was expecting but still a great movie! The racing scenes were great in 3D. I loved seeing all of my favorite game characters make cameos. I just wish they would have had bigger roles. Good story line, my little brothers loved it, but the liked Twilight more!

Cloud Atlas

W.O.W. I was a little scared of this movie going in, lots of story lines and the same people playing multiple roles. It worked! Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Hugh Grant, and many others just make it work! The movie is nearly 3 hours long but it felt like only 30 minutes! Make sure that if you are going to watch this movie that you can devote your entire attention to it, because if you can't, you might get lost!

Music Reviews

I had (2) six hour road trips this weekend, so I had the time to really listen to some albums all the way through!

Believe it or not, I listened to Justin Bieber's newest album called "Believe" It is really good! It does not sound anything like his prior albums. I really liked his collaboration with Nicki Minaj, called "Beauty & a Beat" Bieber is growing up and so is his sound... This album proves that JB is going to be around for a very long time!

I also listened to an EP by the group "State and Madison". I don't even know how I got this EP or how long I've had it, but it is pretty good. Rock/Pop would be my guess. If you are wanting to go Indie but don't know where to start, this group could be your gateway! Their music is not well known but full of infectious beats and lyrics. See if you can find a copy... It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment